Sunday, August 10, 2008

"Ruined Plans"

Dear Best Buy,

I regret to inform you that I will not be purchasing the Spider-Man 2 DVD this Saturday as per the original plan. I noticed you are currently advertising it at the sale price of $6.99 and wanted to purchase it immediately, but my father suggested I use the “24-Hour Rule” in order to decide whether I wanted it because of your advertisement, or if I actually needed it. After much deliberation, I have taken the former side. I realized that I would not want to re-watch Spidey’s battle with Doc Ock or his on-again, off-again relationship with Mary Jane very often. And whenever the urge hits, it is on television frequently.
Thank you for your time. I will be using my allowance money instead to purchase two bottles of Sunny Delight.

Best wishes,
Mikey Thompson

1 comment:

rue said...

after several field studies, i've concluded that shopping females generally use a reduced version of the 24-hour rule called the 5-second rule, kind of like the deciding factor in whether or not a fumbled biscuit is still good, only with a lot more budget strain and closet overstock.